By Edward O. Frantz
A spouse to Reconstruction Presidents offers a chain of unique essays that discover quite a few vital matters, subject matters, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. furnish, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st entire examine the presidencies of Johnson, furnish, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from most sensible historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the research of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key themes contain each one president’s political occupation; international coverage; household coverage; army historical past; and social context in their phrases in office
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
The Yugoslav get a divorce and clash have given upward push to a substantial literature supplying dramatically assorted interpretations of what occurred. yet simply how do many of the interpretations relate to one another? This formidable new e-book via Sabrina Ramet, an eminent commentator on contemporary Balkan politics and historical past, studies and analyses greater than one hundred thirty books in regards to the stricken area and compares their bills, theories, and interpretations of occasions.
On February 10, 2007, Barack Obama stood earlier than the Illinois capital construction and introduced his most likely ancient presidential bid. day after today, he used to be in Iowa Falls, campaigning. He was once faraway from the firstHillary Rodham Clinton, John Edwards, John McCain, and Mitt Romney have been already swarming the Hawkeye nation, looking votes at the back of each hay bale.
It is a finished historical past of 1 of the best mysteries in American history—did Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, claim independence from nice Britain greater than a 12 months ahead of an individual else? in accordance with neighborhood legend, on may possibly 20, 1775, in a log court docket apartment within the distant backcountry dozen neighborhood military leaders met to debate the deteriorating scenario within the American colonies.
During this necessities version of Governing States and Localities, authors Kevin Smith and Alan Greenblatt preserve the hallmarks in their bestselling introductory textual content through mixing the newest scholarship with enticing journalistic writing, crisp storytelling, and class-tested pedagogy. in accordance with industry suggestions, the authors distilled center issues and minimize out coverage assurance a few teachers do not need time to hide, yet saved the ever-important finance bankruptcy and a gorgeous full-color inside layout.
- Disciplining the Poor: Neoliberal Paternalism and the Persistent Power of Race (Chicago Studies in American Politics)
- Latino Representation in State Houses and Congress
- E-Government in Kazakhstan: A Case Study of Multidimensional Phenomena (Routledge Advances in Central Asian Studies)
- The Second Cold War: Geopolitics and the Strategic Dimensions of the USA
- The Wilopo Cabinet 1952-1953: A Turning Point in Post-Revolutionary Indonesia
Extra info for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward O. Frantz