By Stuart Leibiger
A significant other to James Madison and James Monroe beneficial properties essays from best lecturers that ponder quite a few facets of the lives and legacies of our fourth and 5th presidents.
- Provides historians and scholars of heritage with a wealth of latest insights into the lives and achievements of 2 of America’s so much entire statesmen, James Madison and James Monroe
- Features 32 state-of-the box historiographic essays from top teachers that contemplate a variety of facets of the lives and legacies of our fourth and 5th presidents
- Synthesizes the newest findings, and gives new insights in response to unique study into basic sources
- Addresses themes that readers usually are looking to study extra approximately, equivalent to Madison and slavery
Read Online or Download A Companion to James Madison and James Monroe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best government books
The Yugoslav get a divorce and clash have given upward push to a substantial literature delivering dramatically diverse interpretations of what occurred. yet simply how do many of the interpretations relate to one another? This bold new booklet by way of Sabrina Ramet, an eminent commentator on fresh Balkan politics and historical past, experiences and analyses greater than one hundred thirty books concerning the afflicted sector and compares their money owed, theories, and interpretations of occasions.
On February 10, 2007, Barack Obama stood sooner than the Illinois capital development and introduced his probably old presidential bid. the following day, he used to be in Iowa Falls, campaigning. He was once faraway from the firstHillary Rodham Clinton, John Edwards, John McCain, and Mitt Romney have been already swarming the Hawkeye country, looking votes at the back of each hay bale.
It is a finished background of 1 of the best mysteries in American history—did Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, claim independence from nice Britain greater than a yr prior to someone else? in keeping with neighborhood legend, on may perhaps 20, 1775, in a log court docket condo within the distant backcountry dozen neighborhood military leaders met to debate the deteriorating situation within the American colonies.
During this necessities version of Governing States and Localities, authors Kevin Smith and Alan Greenblatt preserve the hallmarks in their bestselling introductory textual content through mixing the most recent scholarship with attractive journalistic writing, crisp storytelling, and class-tested pedagogy. in response to marketplace suggestions, the authors distilled center issues and minimize out coverage insurance a few teachers would not have time to hide, yet saved the ever-important finance bankruptcy and a stunning full-color inside layout.
- When the Tea Party Came to Town: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives' Most Combative, Dysfunctional, and Infuriating Term in Modern History
- The Social Process of Lobbying: Cooperation or Collusion? (Routledge Research in American Politics and Governance)
- The First World Oil War
- A Presidential Civil Service: FDR's Liaison Office for Personnel Management (Public Admin: Criticism and Creativity)
- Ambition, Federalism, and Legislative Politics in Brazil
Additional resources for A Companion to James Madison and James Monroe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to James Madison and James Monroe (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Stuart Leibiger